Thursday, 20 May 2010

Fashion Shows - May 2010



The images below are of the first clothes I have ever designed and made.

The pictures were taken during a couple of fashion shows I took part in during May. The first one, for which I was the lead organiser, was called SurFace Fashion Show & Exhibition and it featured the work of 1st and 2nd year Fashion Textiles students from Middlesex University. The second show was called Espoir and it was a fundraiser organised by LCF, CSM and MDX students.

You can read more about my role in organising the SurFace Fashion Show & Exhibition on a later post.



Chantelle wearing one of my outfits and me looking scruffy. She said she loved wearing it, which is the biggest compliment I could expect. I made the knitted dress from yarn, the jacket was cut from a tricky linen fabric donated by Eskandar (when it arrived at the studio it had a note "Do not use, unstable"... I was undeterred, only to regret it later during cutting to finally feel chuffed I managed to work with it)



Alice and Chantelle, wearing outfits designed by myself.

Chantelle on the catwalk, SurFace Fashion Show

Alice on the catwalk of Espoir Fashion Show. I wasn't allowed to have a say on hair and make-up styling... but at least managed to prevent a major disaster by allowing one of the organisers to put a prim hat with a veil on top. The denim of the dress has been manipulated through dry felting.

Alice at Espoir, the scarf was handwoven on a Harris table top loom. It was not meant to be a scarf, but I wanted to show the fabric so it was hemmed with double sided tape on the spot and wrapped around the neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment